Is Sanchez's shoulder O.K.?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bloke911, Jan 8, 2011.

1. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Is it me or did Sanchez seem way off compared to normal?

I know he's not going to come in smoking people but I was a little worried watching the game.

Do you think the shoulder is the reason for the performance, thoughts?

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

No, he just played like dogshit.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's a tuffy.. Sanchez was high and long all night on alot of throws and I'm not so sure he wasn't overcompensating. He's still young and I'm thinking the first half was nothing more than a small case of the yips..

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

His shoulder is fine, seems like the coaches just baby'ed his arm all week and so he was really inaccurate. This needs to improve.

5. NYJ55NJ

NYJ55NJ New Member

no.. its not

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I disagree. He went down hard on the first series of the game. I think it definitely effected his shoulder.
    He missed Mulligan on a pass that I could have made ... wide open, 10 yards away with no defender in sight. When I saw that I turned to my buddy and told him I though the shoulder was defintely an issue. Even that last pass to Braylon was way underthrown.

But Damn ... this kid has guts.

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

His arm looked fine on the last drive.

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

He went down more on his chest than he did his shoulder.. Disagree. He just had a putrid game in terms of accuracy.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

His shoulder is def an issue. Same as when a pitcher has a problem with their arm, they change their delivery and it affects their accuracy. It bears watching as it definitely will have an impact. I also do think that it has been babied. He hasn't thrown at full speed in almost two weeks and it showed too.

10. NYJets28

NYJets28 Member

Is it an issue? Of course it is because he has admitted publicly that it is sore. If it is sore it isn't 100% and that will always have an effect on things.

Now, was it the soreness or jitters/rust that made all of those throws long/high? Personally, I think it was predominantly jitters/rust. The velocity on his throws and his throwing motion in general seemed normal.

So, the only real difference tonight was the really bad accuracy. He's never had nor ever probably will have laser-like precision but he's never been this bad with missing targets before. His decision making was actually quite good but I think he was pressing.

He is a 24 year old kid quarterbacking what is now one of the most high profile teams in the league and knows their success is on his shoulders. He is an insanely competitive and passionate player who just hasn't quite figured out how to play 4 quarters of solid football yet. He will...we have a "winner" on our hands here guys...period. Just watch over the next 10 years...just watch.

11. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

i doubt it... all those high throws are because he cant snap his arm to bring the ball down... im very worried as to what will happen if he takes a big hit.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, he took a few early hits in the first quarter, including the sack. It seemed like an HB throwing the deep passes. They were off by some distance. I think the early hits rattled him, and his shoulder started to give him some trouble, just not enough to keep him off the field, but enough to keep him rather inaccurate. I think the 8 day wk should help him. It better. He needs to be at his best for us to have a shot at the freakin Patriots.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Here we go, there are going to be 50 Dr. James Andrews chiming in. With all the medical degrees here, the Jets should investigate making Sanchez into the bionic man, with TGG's help.

14. Pad Chennington

Pad Chennington New Member

you're all idiots. hes in his SECOND YEAR as a professional quarterback, with a lot of pressure on him, in his first playoff game this year on the road. he was in ONE PLAYOFFS. he is not a 10 year vet who has done this 7 times. he was playing in the place where he LOST last year, where he faced adversity. he was nervous. but guess what...last pass he threw was perfect, using his big receiver and connecting for a huge play.

15. AlbanyJet

AlbanyJet New Member

Remember, Sanchez didn't throw a pass last week. Between the shoulder issue, and rust, I'm not surprised. He does seem to bounce back pretty well after a bad performance.

16. Pad Chennington

Pad Chennington New Member

and i know that you're an intelligent guy because you are an albany jet and albany is a good place to be go jets hopefully the jets will still be playing football by the time i go back there

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We're all idiots for saying that Sanchez has an issue with his shoulder after Sanchez said there was an issue with his shoulder?

Okay...

18. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

It had to be bothering him some, but I think he was finally able to adjust to the soreness later in the game because he looked great in the 2nd half.

19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the first time I didn't think all the hype about Sanchez's injury was overblown bs. That said it's hard for me to fathom Sanchez OVERthrowing everyone with a bad shoulder. Underthrowing them or being inaccurate to the sides yes but overthrowing them?

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I definitely think it's bothering him. Most of his balls were sailing on him.. he could have slightly altered his throwing motion or something. Who knows.