I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Flame away, but the guy was where he was supposed to be standing. His foot never leaves the ground, and with the minimal video evidence, who knows if the Dolphins player was already falling over?

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but I'm just throwing it out there. I figured there would be a thread on this soon enough if there wasn't already.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...ied-to-trip-dolphins-player-on-punt-coverage/

2. 624

624 Banned

Maybe the Dolphins' player should have learned on the last penalty that you're not allowed to do that.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Technically the leg was behind the full sidelines so the Maryland rookie shouldent have been on the sidelines much less get caught by that leg. Your a gunner, your not suppose to run in bounds if you want to be the 1st guy to tag the returner.

Fouts like the idiot he is will shoot out conspiracy and have people biting it but we will never know what was running into the person's head.

4. mikebench

mikebench New Member

Umm.. I think he did try to trip him.. that is embarrassing, and hope Rex Ryan addresses that issue..

5. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Funny how there is no controversy as to what happened anywhere else but here. He tripped him plain and simple.

It isn't a crime to admit somebody of your beloved team did something bad. Admit the guy did something stupid. Who really cares?

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Addresses?If its true he should be fired on the spot!

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Fouts and Eagle can go fuck themselves for the shit they spouted for that half hour.

MY GOD OF ALL THE HORRIBLE, REPREHENSIBLE THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN

THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN A JETS PENALTY x5

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Same here. Of course it will be the talk of the town now that the douchebag Dan Foutz made so much light of it. You really can't tell for sure what his intention was. He could of slightly bent thinking he was going to get run over. It wasnt that obvious.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

It looked like a trip. However, you are supposed to run INBOUNDS, not out bound.

10. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

My point exactly. Trip or not, it's not the sideline people's responsibility to move out of the player's way. It's the other way around.

11. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Jets are dirty?

just saw the thread

#11 Gunslinger, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Whoever that was should be fired. It was clearly done on purpose and there's no defending otherwise if you're being honest with yourself.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Obviously he should have phased from a solid into a gas so the player wouldn't have run into him.

14. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Um I don't think he got tripped as much as he brushed his leg and took a dive.

15. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Right. They should probably have referees who punish that sort of thing...
    :breakdance:

16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I guess I really wasn't surprised that Fouts overreacted to this without EVER mentioning that Carroll(?) was six feet out of bounds. Didn't he just get penalized for the same thing earlier in the game. And yes, I'm also not convinced that it was intentional

17. Sean_in_titletown

Anyone trying to rationalize that chicken shit move (blatant trip he'll surely be fired for) is obviously someone still insisting the Patriots win because they taped defensive signals.

18. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

if he tripped him intentionally I applaud him at least someone put heart into a play. forgot we hate the phins as an organization straight down the people that trims their grass?

19. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

LOL what world are you living in? I could point out a million scenarios where somebody erred and then somebody else did something worse on top of it. The two things are completely unrelated.

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

because it wasn't that obvious. Even after 3 replays. If it was that obvious, he would of been thrown out of the game.