Never Been to Jets Game. Have Questions.

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by MowTin, Aug 22, 2010.

1. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I've never been to a Jets game. This year I want to finally go.

What is the best way to get tickets and what seats should I avoid?

Also, I have a disability. I can walk and get up and down stairs fine but I can't walk long distances which I why I never went to a game. Now I bought one of those Segway two wheel selfbalancing scooters.

I would need to park it somewhere. Chain it to something and go to my seet. Or maybe they have some kind of spot to park handicapped scooters and such.

Any ideas about where I would park my Segway?

Also, I can go up and down stairs but I need a railing to hold on to. Do the stairs leading to the seats all have railings?

Any advice would be appreaciated.

2. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

They had special seTing for the disabeled in the old stadium. It was on the Mez level, they had seats for those who could use them and a flat area with a gate infront of it for those who needed to stay in their chairs, ect. They were actually really good seats. I'm sure they will have something like that at the new stadium also.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am sure you will get some great information here but you may also want to call the jets to see what kind of accomodations they will make for you. i am sure they will be able to meet your needs.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Best advice I could give would be to call them up. I don't think they have a place outside to chain something down but I'm sure they could make some kind of accomodations for you. Good news is whatever parking pass you could you can still park close to the stadium when you show a handicap parking placard.

There are railings on the stairs in the upper deck but there are also handicap accessible platforms that you probably would prefer to sit in.

Like I said though best thing is to call the Jets personally and have them give you direct info and help to set everything up.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Bringing a Segway to the stadium may not be the greatest because:
    1: I don't think they would be allowed and
    2: fans would probably make fun of you and call you a faggot retard.

If you're ok with the above then by all means enjoy the game. But yeah, I would call the jets about this.

6. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Call the team. They'll be more then happy to work with you. The building is 100% ADA compliant, so they can help work something out.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I can't tell if this is for real or not.

Either way-Rockefella had the correct response.

8. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Gotta be fake, who spells seAt with a double E?

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

They would probably have him go around to a bigger double gate to accomodate the Segway and he can drive it right through without being checked.....and that Segway can be packed with enough C-4 to take out half of Jersey. Meanwhile, me they pat down my ass and take my bottle cap.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I call Hornet

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea pics or gtfo

12. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Well, I've never been called a faggot retard before but there is always a first time for everything.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give them a call and ask.

But what's the best place to get tickets? And what's the view like from the 300 level seating? Anything better looks like it's way too expensive.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I was half-serious. It's just that if/when I see people on a segway I don't associate it with 'physical disability'. Fans would probably think you're some hipster using a segway, not a man with the inability to walk long distances.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Watch money hungry Woody will charge him a parking fee for the Segway

15. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

I would assume that when you call about your disability accommodations, that they will set you up with the best way to go about getting tickets. Also, I haven't been to any games yet and I can't post links, but if you google Jets 3d seating chart, you'll get an interactive map which will give you an idea of the view in various sections. It should be the first thing to come up in Google.

16. Margaritaville-GG

Margaritaville-GG New Member

Whats wrong with getting your ass patted down....look for female security guards, no charge for the free gropes. I pay 60 bucks for that in Oriental Therapy Spa. And BTW, sneak in the bottlecaps in your pockets. It works. I've done it.

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

The best way to get tickets are thru NFL's ticket exchange, Stubhub or eBay. Be careful tho, there's been plenty of stories of people being sold already used tickets, so try to avoid websites like Craigslist and maybe even eBay and stick to Stubhub.

The best tickets are anything between the 10's on all 3 levels and the corners. I personally have sat in endzone uppers and lowers and those seats suck cock (Mezz weren't so bad). But they're also the cheapest. So u gotta figure out your budget with that.

With regards to walking, you could probably get a GREEN PSL parking pass from eBay, but they get pretty pricey. They're the closest lots to the Stadium. If you get that parking pass, make sure you go early enough to park as close as possible. This way, you won't have to bring the Segway(sp) since I don't believe they'll let u chain that bad-boy up.

In addition to the advice I've given you, the best thing to do is call up the Jets directly and ask let them about your situation so that they can help accomodate you.

Anyway, I hope this post helped in any way and enjoy the game.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Hey dude. I didn't know you stalked me here. You think I don't know to put a bottle cap in my pocket? I invented putting a bottle cap in my pocket. F'en Nazis.

19. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

They will be able to accommodate all people. They can not discriminate, if they do thats called Lawsuit

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If this is a real request, rather than the Jets try the New Meadowlands Stadium folks:

http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com/3_footer_contact_us.php

This stadium supposedly has elevators though I didn't see any last week.