Mark Sanchez and the o-Line stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 11, 2010.

1. GreenMachine

This is an awesome stat. Just look at the Jets in the last 3 games:

Sanchez Zero picks, Zero Sacks, 64% completions.

Sanchez has been making good decisions and the O-Line is playing lights out.

This team needs to let the D make plays and Sanchez to feed off of it.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I saw in the game that before the Cincy game, it was the first time we had played two back to back games without a turnover since 93 I believe. Now we have 3 back to back to back games without a turnover OR a sack. That must be close to a franchise record, if not one.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Sanchez was sacked in the Colts game.

4. GreenMachine

My bad. twice...How the f did I miss that?

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

How did the OL miss Freeney? That's the real question.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

^Yeah, both times he had no OL on him. Still, zero turnovers in three straight games has to rank pretty high in the franchise history.

7. AbstraKt

AbstraKt New Member

Prob. b/c you were too caught up in your team ending an AFC's undefeated season... for the second season in a row.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Is that What Shotty told Sanchez both times?

9. Green&White77

Green&White77 Member

I was taking a closer look at the o-line performance vs. New England (especially PassProtection). Here my observations.

- Brick (1 Sack + 2 more pressures given up. not his best game)
    - Slauson (1 Sack + 2 more pressure allowed. he looked better against baltimore, but he had some nice blocks in the running game; same "stats" as Brick, but Brick has to block much more often 1 on 1, while Mangold helps out Matt)
    -Mangold (no pressure allowed - great game)
    - Moore (only beaten once, but I'm not quite sure, if that guy actually was his blocking-assignment; great run-blocking; Moore is extremly underrated)
    - Woody much better than against Baltimore (got beaten once)
    - Hartsock (2 Pressures)

thoughts?

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

We're seeing Brick's game slipping just a bit because he's helping cover Slauson on the inside.

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

My thoughts are the same as I think most people's are - the left side of the line has not played well in pass protection in either game, and the team needs to address it before Sanchez gets his head taken off. Whether they can or not (in particular with respect to Slauson) is another question.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I thought Sanchez got picked off in the Indy game? Granted it was garbage time but....

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The O-line should fare much better against the Dolphins and Bills. Hopefully, they build more confidence and skill between the next two games.

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Look at the OP date.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez's week one to week two turnaround was simply stunning. Watching the way he handled the position against the Pats made me smile.

LT is also adept at protection...and Mark seems to fully trust him to pick up the blitz.

Still waiting to see one of his nasty pump fakes though.:)

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One thing I've kind of peripherally noticed is that Sanchez is back to running with the ball carried in just one hand as he moves around. He's also keeping it a bit lower than you'd like as he does that.

During his strong streak at the beginning of last year he was doing this also, and then they "fixed" his handling of the ball on the move and he began to have trouble under pressure. This may be one of those cases where you really need to let him do what he wants to do naturally and accept the odd strip fumble that comes out of it alongside all the goodness he creates on the move when he's not thinking "football safety, football safety, football safety" with every step.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Let him play.

What a concept, right?

As long as the allow Sanchez to display his talent and let him be himself, this offense won't be easy to stop. The kid knows how to play football.

I have noticed is that when he does get sacked the ball is being secured. He has also learned how to take the sack rather than try and be a hero. But that one play where he pulled a Favre was pretty cool to see.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm so excited to see how Sanchez plays with a full arsenal of weapons. Holmes, Edwards and Cotchery at wideout. Keller looks like he might be our best tight end since Mickey Shuler. If the O-line comes together and Greene gets some momentum going, along with LT catching balls out of the backfield??? Man, so much potential!!!!!

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They are going to need all of that firepower against the Packers.

The good news is that the bye week happens right before that game.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

^That'll be a great game. I'm really interested...I think our defense can shut down (let's say under 20 points) any team in the NFL and the Packers are no different. They have no running game right now and the Jets blitzes should be able to attack Rodgers and his suspect line. The Packers D is very good though, so it won't be easy to score.