Thank you Pennington for sticking to Mangini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

I have been a Jets fan over 25 years, and I was always a huge Pennington fan. Watching the last several weeks of the same old Jets football, I knew we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. From 06 when Mangini had Pennington compete vs people like Patrick Ramsey was a disgrace and from what the FO did to Penny this year after everything the guy gave to this team was just nasty. I know we got a future hall of famer who cares Favre is so overrated and I was one that posted on this site that I thought it was a mistake to get him. So in the end I am not glad that the Jets didn't make the playoffs or even win todays game. I am glad that Pennington stuck it to Mangini who thought he knew it all. He sucks and hopefully Woody realizes that just because you work for the Pats doesn't mean you will be a good head coach.

#1 Jets18, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

awesome rant... i hope Pennington did his final act for the jets by sticking the nails in Mangini coffin...

3. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I am glad you two are fat and happy.

Just don't call yourselves Jets fans from now on, OK?

From now on, you two are Chad Pennington fans, which means you root for the Dolphins. So go post on the Miami Dolphins message boards and lave us ALONE!

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You call yourself a Jets fan?

Screw the Dolphins, and anyone who plays for them.

5. chris5533

Settle down...Since we weren't gettingin to the playoffs regardless, Im not upset that mangini will most likely be fired and NE got knocked out.. Thats my rational.
    I guess your one of those undying favre/mangini supporters still holing out some fantasy hope for the nfl decides to add a playoff team and just lets the jets in. lol let me know when that happens?

6. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Do us a favor and go root for the phins.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I mean let's be real here. I'm as big a Pennington fan as anyone on this board, but the guy was awful last year. Healthy and terrible. There's a reason everyone on here wanted Clemens starting. Pennington was just not getting the job done. Just because he goes to Miami and plays great does not mean he'd be doing that if he was still a Jet, he may not have even won the starting job. It was time to move on.

8. CHREBETSTHEBEST80

CHREBETSTHEBEST80 New Member

pennington and favre both suck.

9. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

you do realize that the manager (Tannenbaum) is the one who decided to trade for Favre and cut Pennington, not Mangini?

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Right, and if Mangini told him HELL NO, he would have done it anyway.

PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK, and change that hideous avatar!!!

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

My sentiments exactly.

12. chris5533

its really not about Favre or Pennington, its about Mangini. mangini is a disgrace, and hopefully now were done with him!

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously, what the hell?

The NFL is a business. The Jets owed Pennington nothing, and frankly, Pennington never even brought the team to an AFC Championship game, much less a Super Bowl, much less WINNING a Super Bowl.

I like the guy, but come on.

14. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

First off who the fu*k are you??? and, I didn't root for the Phins, I have been a Jets fan for a longtime and the point is I am glad that Penny stuck to Mangini because Mangini is a fat piece of crap and doesn't know how to coach at all.

15. JetsFaninCA

JetsFaninCA New Member

I always kinda liked Chad too and wanted him to succeed but didn't think he ever would.

With that said, the second he removed Kelly Green and put on Teal and Orange, he became the enemy. I wished him nothing but failure today. As much as I hated to see him win the division on our field at least there was a little satisfaction that Belicheat is sitting at home with an 11-5 record! That is the only small good thing about today.

16. FinFanAlex

FinFanAlex Banned

Well Mangini got what he deserved and Pennington got his revenge.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That's a bit unfair - Chad was coming off a major injury, one no QB had ever come back from. He had to prove he was healthy, not that he deserved the job. And when it was obvious he (remarkably) still had the same tools he had before the surgery he got his job back quickly.

As far as last year I honestly think he just started pressing because of the Clemens bs and being cheered for being hurt in Week 1.

18. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Didn't the FO admit at the beginning of the season that Chad's ankle sprain was affecting him all season?

19. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

A lot of us were rooting for Chad for years, through good times and bad, long before Mangini got this job. The idea that the moment he gets cut his fans should accept it blindly and begin to hate him is trite and unrealistic. If Curtis Martin were still healthy when Mangini got here and Mangini said, I want somebody faster, why not cut the bastard, would you still be so cavalier? Management can be and often is wrong. Personally I feel an attachment and loyalty to the players, not to the letterhead.

As far as Im concerned, the guy who beat the Jets today should have been leading the Jets into the playoffs, and its only because two idiots with man crushes on an incredibly over-the-hill player get to make the decisions that he isn't. But thats life, all we can do is plug along and hope the next time the Jets get their hands on a decent QB they're smart enough to hold on to him.

It's also worth mentioning that the way many posters here feel, is the exact way that most of the Jets roster felt. Pennington was their quarterback, they were loyal to him, they saw past the medias negativity and appreciated what he brought to the table, and the vast majority of them were upset when this ungrateful organization dumped him in what I can only think must have been a misguided effort to sell PSLs. The players mostly put a nice face on it because they had no choice but to make the best of it if they wanted any success this season, but I'll gaurantee you that if you get the chance to speak to a Jet player (not just LC, but any of the real Jet Vets), they'll say the same thing. Pennington was our quarterback, and running him out of town was a mistake that this team could be regretting for a long time.

20. chris5533

you make great points, its bigger problem, totaly business now on every front. I think there is a sever disconnect with younger fans because they have grown up only knowing free agency and no loyalty from players and management...everyone now in all sports wants an all madden team or nothing..no x factors consider anymore.. too much money involved...

Bosko please don't yell at me for agreeing with someone whos arguments differ from yours. lol sorry in advance dude... lol